We invite you to apply for our internship program!
Lewis-Burke Associates LLC is a Washington, DC based full service lobbying and consulting firm specializing in advocacy for scientific research and higher education. We pride ourselves on providing timely, strategic, and insightful advice to our clients who include research universities, and scientific associations. Our staff works together in a collaborative style that encourages participation from staff of all levels. Attention to detail and strong writing skills are essential requirements.
Interns can expect to:
- Expand their knowledge of the legislative process and issues of interest based on interaction with other Lewis-Burke staff, clients, and congressional/federal employees.
- Attend congressional hearings and federal agency meetings and produced summaries and analysis of the events.
- Conduct substantive issue research on matters of interest to the firm’s clients, including research funding, student aid, energy, space, transportation, computing, health, technology transfer, and environmental science.
- Pitch in wherever needed, and provide general administrative support.
Dates and Deadlines:
We structure our internship program around the academic semester/summer schedule. A stipend will be provided based on experience and availability. Note that start dates can be flexible to accommodate your class schedule. Please include any limitations on hours/week or start and end dates in your application.
- What interests you about working as an intern at a research and education-focused government relations and consulting firm?
- What skills and qualities do you possess that would allow you to best succeed in this role?