WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY FOR OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM!
Lewis-Burke Associates LLC is a Washington, DC-based full service lobbying and consulting firm that specializes in advocacy for scientific research and higher education. We pride ourselves on providing timely, strategic, and insightful advice to our clients who include research universities, national laboratories, and scientific associations. Our team works together in a collaborative style that encourages participation from staff at all levels. Attention to detail and strong writing skills are essential requirements for this position.
Application deadline: Last Monday of October
Application deadline: First Monday of April
Application deadline: First Monday of July
*Exact start and end dates are negotiable
Interns can expect to:
- Expand their knowledge of the legislative process and issues of interest based on interaction with Lewis-Burke staff, clients, and congressional/federal employees
- Attend and produce summaries and analysis of congressional hearings and federal agency meetings
- Conduct substantive issue research on matters of interest to the firm’s clients including: research funding, student aid, energy, space, transportation, computing, health, technology transfer, and environmental science
- Assist with general administrative tasks and pitch in wherever needed
We have found that interns receive the most value from their time with us if they can commit 35 - 40 hours per week. However, we do accommodate academic scheduling within reason. Interns are paid an hourly wage of $15.
How To Apply:
Please send a PDF of your resume, cover letter, and answers (max 500 words each) to two questions (see below) to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and interested candidates are welcome to apply for any session at any time. Please indicate which session you are applying for and note your availability (start date and hours per week) in your cover letter. No calls or drop-ins please.
- What interests you about working as an intern at a research and education-focused government relations and consulting firm?
- What skills and qualities do you possess that would allow you to best succeed in this role?