WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY FOR OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM!
Lewis-Burke Associates LLC is a Washington, DC based full service lobbying and consulting firm that specializes in advocacy for scientific research and higher education. We pride ourselves on providing timely, strategic, and insightful advice to our clients who include research universities, national laboratories, and scientific associations. Our staff works together in a collaborative style that encourages participation from staff at all levels. Attention to detail and strong writing skills are essential requirements for this position.
Interns can expect to:
- Expand their knowledge of the legislative process and issues of interest based on interaction with Lewis-Burke staff, clients, and congressional/federal employees
- Attend and produce summaries and analysis of congressional hearings and federal agency meetings
- Conduct substantive issue research on matters of interest to the firm’s clients including: research funding, student aid, energy, space, transportation, computing, health, technology transfer, and environmental science
- Assist with general administrative tasks and pitch in wherever needed
We structure our internship program around the academic schedule and have found that interns receive the most value from their time with us if they can commit 35 - 40 hours per week. However, we do accommodate academic scheduling within reason. Our Summer internship runs approximately from June through August. Exact start and end dates are negotiable. Please include your hourly availability and desired start date in your cover letter. Interns are paid an hourly wage of $15. No calls or drop-ins please.
How To Apply:
Please send a PDF of your resume, cover letter, and answers (max 500 words each) to the following two questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Monday April 1, 2019.
- What interests you about working as an intern at a research and education-focused government relations and consulting firm?
- What skills and qualities do you possess that would allow you to best succeed in this role?