- Researching, analyzing, and summarizing substantive policy issues, funding opportunities, and relevant legislation of interest to our clients
- Attending, analyzing, and reporting on congressional hearings, agency advisory committee meetings, and other policy events
- Helping to build and maintain client relationships through daily or weekly funding and policy updates
- Scheduling and preparing materials for internal and external meetings
- Providing operational support during client events
- Producing and distributing policy-oriented newsletters
- Assisting with general administrative tasks in support of client teams and firm priorities
Starting salary for this position is $40,000 but negotiable depending on experience. Lewis-Burke’s benefits package includes generous vacation and sick leave as well as employer contributions to health insurance and retirement savings.
- Enthusiasm and interest in federal policy, particularly in the science, higher education, environment, technology, or health arenas
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
A college degree from an accredited institution is required. Majors in science, engineering, public policy, political science, or related fields are preferred. Lewis-Burke is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability, and experience drives us forward every day.